Lodge Logic Dutch Oven with Loop Handles

Sunday, October 9, 2011


Product Review

When I
saw the price, free shipping, and factory pre-seasoned, this Dutch oven proved irresistible. The format is great and the color black was attractive.Sadly, the factory pre-seasoning did not meet expectations! I learned to cook using cast iron, and I still own several "original finish" cast iron frying pans, ceramic dishes and pans (tri-ply stainless steel is wonderful, but some things just cook more evenly with the iron). While the cast is not difficult season, it was just an added bonus of ordering a Dutch oven that I thought would be an even finish, apply well to begin the process of maturation (properly seasoned cast iron pans only get better over the years). When the Dutch oven arrived, I was surprised by what appeared to be a discoloration in the finish of the inner surface of the cover plate. I used the Dutch oven for the first time to make chili. (More Detail...)